Friday, September 7, 2012

Silent Night Evergreen

So, here is another Christmas card.  This one is going to be one of the designs that we do at my Stamp-a-Stack Christmas Card Class in October.  So watch out for more info on that class coming soon!

This card is called Silent Night Evergreen

Card Front
Close-up of card front
SU! Supplies
Stamps - Evergreen
Inside of Card
CS - Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Inks - Cherry Cobbler, Illuminate (Glimmer Pad)
Punches - Decorative Label
Framelit - Apothecary Accents
Emboss Folder - Lacy Brocade
Ribbon - 1/2" Seam Binding - Cherry Cobbler
Brad - 3/8" Basic Glimmer - Silver
Misc - Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Sponge/Dauber


I stamped the tree image using Cherry Cobbler Ink onto Cherry Cobbler CS, which I cut out using the Apothecary Accent Framelit.  Then I stamped the words using the Illuminate (Glimmer) pad on top of the tree stamped image.  I also stamped the star on top of the tree using the Illuminate (Glimmer) pad.  Then I sponged the edges with the Cherry Cobbler Ink.  The card is Cherry Cobbler CS, and the card mat is Very Vanilla CS which was embossed using the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder.  I made a bow using the 1/2" Seam Binding in Cherry Cobbler and wrapped a Basic Glimmer Brad - Silver around the bow.  I placed a piece of the seam binding around the embossed mat, then layered the cut out image on top using Dimensionals.  Then I adhered the bow using Glue Dots.

I found that when you use the Illuminate (Glimmer) Pad that you get a better effect if you use it on dark cardstock.  It doesn't show up as well on the lighter cardstocks.

I love this card because it is fast to do and easy, but yet very beautiful and elegant. Hope you enjoy it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!