Friday, September 14, 2012

Scentsational Christmas

Hello Stampin' Friends!

I'm continuing with the Christmas theme right now, and want to share with you another one of my cards that will be at my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack Class, which will be in October. Got to get a head start on them now so we have time to get them made, and sent out.  This way it's one less thing to have to think about on your Christmas to-do list.

This card is called Scentsational Christmas

Card Front

SU! Supplies
Stamps - Scentsational Season, Petite Pairs
CS - Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla
DSP - Be of Good Cheer
Inks - Gumball Green, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Markers - Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Gumball Green
Punches, 1" square, Corner Rounder
Emboss Folder - Delicate Designs
Jewels - Basic Rhinestones
Misc - Blender Pens, Dimensionals, Sponge/Dauber

Inside of Card


I found a neat little trick in making perfect banners.  I cut the strips from Be of Good Cheer DSP, and then using the 1" Square Punch I turned it at the corner and lined it up so the corner or "v" part of the punch is in the center of your strip, then also make sure your 2 sides are lined up and punch. It makes a perfect "v" for your banner.  I think I will make a quick video and add it in showing you exactly what I'm talking about, because that may not sound to clear. Sorry, I'll get that posted soon.

Another neat trick that I learned at convention was using the Blender Pen to remove ink from your stamp in a small area.  So when stamping the Cup image I stamped it using the Gumball Green Ink Pad, then I took the Blender Pen and removed the ink from the center section at the top of the image, and then I used the Early Espresso Marker and filled it back in.  Much easier than trying to use the markers on everything.  After removing the ink with the Blender Pen be sure to mark on a scrap piece of paper to rid the Blender Pen of the ink before using it again. 

I think this card is quite easy for a workshop or class.  I will post a quick tutorial on the 2 technique tips that I just gave you because I know seeing it will make more sense then reading it.  I just wanted to get this posted today since it's been a few days since I have blogged.

Hope you Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!