Saturday, August 4, 2012

Strawberry Trifle Recipe Page

Hello Stampin' Friends!

I took a day off from posting to get some things done around the house and a few errands as well.  So now I'm back to posting a few things each day.

Today I have a scrapbook page that I did for the Late Night Stampers (LNS) Recipe Swap.  We did this swap the Sunday before Convention 2012.  I will post all of the great swaps I received once I get some of my other things posted.  So you will get to see them a little later.


I call this - Strawberry Trifle Recipe Page

SU! Supplies Used
Stamps - Fruits & Flowers
CS - Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
DSP - Brights Collection
Inks - Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose
Markers - Real Red, Old Olive
Punches - Scallop Square, Itty Bitty Shapes
Bigz Dies - Tasteful Trim
Ribbon - 1/8" Taffeta - Daffodil Delight
Jewels - Basic Pearls
Misc - Big Shot, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I really like the way this page turned out.  It is a 6x6 page that can be put on a 8x8 piece of CS and then placed into one of our 8x8 Binders.  That is what I plan on doing with all of the great pages I received from the LNS Recipe Swap.  This is a wonderful recipe for Strawberry Trifle, and it's really easy to make too.

For those that are interested here is the Strawberry Trifle Recipe.

Strawberry Trifle - Serves 12-15

Ingredients

14 oz. Angel Food Cake or Sara Lee Pound Cake, divided
18 oz. Strawberry Preserves, divided
3 cups Fresh Sliced Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries &/or Blackberries
2 pkgs. (3.5 oz.) Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
2 cups Milk
8 oz. Sour Cream (I use light sour cream)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
8 oz. Whipped Topping (I use a light cool whip)
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts &/or 1/4 cup grated Chocolate (I like using sliced almonds)

Preparation
  • Slice half of Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake into 1/2-inch cubes; line bottom of trifle bowl with cake.  Spread 1/2 or 1 cup of Strawberry Preserves over cake pieces.  Sprinkle 1/2 of the berry mixture on top of the preserves & cake. Save a few of the strawberries and other berries for the top of the trifle.
  • Combine Instant Pudding Mix with Milk and beat until well blended; stir in Vanilla extract.  Fold in Sour Cream until well blended.  Next Fold in Whipped Topping until well blended.  Be sure to Fold and not stir vigorously.  You want a nice blended fluffy mixture.
  • Pour half of pudding mixture on top of berry mixture in trifle bowl.  Cut the remaining Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake into cubes; spread with remaining preserves.  Add remaining berries.  Top with pudding mixture.
  • Put saved strawberries and other berries on the top and then sprinkle with Chopped Nuts & Grated Chocolate.  
  • Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.
  • Serve & Enjoy!!
Hope you enjoy the Recipe Layout & and the Strawberry Trifle Recipe!  If you do use the recipe please come back and post about it by leaving a comment.  Also you can direct others to my blog for the recipe if you like.

This usually ends up being a big huge favorite once you try it.  My hubby loves it and asks for it often.  This is such an easy recipe that I make it for my parties that I hold, or I take it when I have a potluck to go to.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!