Saturday, July 28, 2012

Butterfly Birthday Card

Hello Stampin' Friends!

This is a card I did for the Late Night Stampers (LNS) card swap group.  This was a 80+1 card swap for SU! Convention 2012.  I'm still sorting through all my swaps and will be posting about the different swaps as soon as I have them all sorted and photographed, so be sure to check back and see what I received while I was at convention.

Anyway, onto what I made for the swap!


I call it - Butterfly Birthday

SU! Supplies Used
Stamps - Papillon Potpourri, Itty Bitty Banners, Flowering Flourishes
CS - Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple,
Inks - Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette
Emboss Folder - Framed Tulips
Punches - Elegant Butterfly
Framelits - Itty Bitty Banners
Jewels - Basic Rhinestones
Misc - Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I really love the simplicity and elegance of this card.  I ran the card front through the Big Shot using the Framed Tulips embossing folder, then I added a layer of Raspberry Ripple CS on top of the card front.  I then took another piece of Whisper White CS and stamped the Flowering Flourishes in Pink Pirouette ink.  Then stamp 2 butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri on Whisper White CS in Raspberry Ripple ink.  Punch out those 2 butterflies using the Elegant Butterfly punch.  The 3rd smaller butterfly is stamped directly onto the piece that you stamped the flowering flourishes on.  I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners set onto Whisper White CS using Raspberry Ripple ink.  Using the Itty Bitty Banners Framelits I ran my stamped image through my Big Shot and cut out the sentiment.  Then I attached that and my butterflies to the front of the card and added the Rhinestone Jewels to give it a touch of bling. Now layer that piece on top of the Raspberry Ripple CS. Viola!

Hint** I find that if I use a post-it note to hold my framelit in place that it helps keep things the way I want them.  I've heard others use tape, but I have found that it is easier for me to use the post-it then to mess with tape.  If you have any other ideas I would love to hear them!!

Like I said, I really love the simplicity and elegance of this card.  So easy, yet so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!