Saturday, July 28, 2012

Raining Thank You Card

Hello Stampin' Friends!

As I had said before I participated in a SUDSOL swap for SU! Convention 2012.  This is the card that I did for the 2nd group, which was the Primrose Petal group.


I call it - Raining Thank You

SU! Supplies Used
Stamps - Raining Flowers, Wacky Wishes, Distressed Dots
CS - Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Inks - Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red
Punches - Itty Bitty Shapes, Jewelry Tag
Baker's Twine - Island Indigo
Jewels - Basic Rhinestones
Misc - Dimensionals, Paper Piercer & Mat

For this card instead of using DSP I decided to use the Distressed Dots stamp and make my own background dsp.  I stamped the Distressed Dots in Pretty in Pink Ink onto the Pink Pirouette CS.  I tore the edge of the Whisper White CS strip, then sponged the edges and stamped the Thank You in Island Indigo. I layered that on top of the Pink Pirouette background.  I then took the Island Indigo CS strip and tore the edge and sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink.  Layer that strip across the white strip with a dimensional.  I stamped the flowers onto Whisper White CS using one in Pretty in Pink and the other in Riding Hood Red.  I then hand cut those out and sponged the edges with Riding Hood Red ink.  I punched out a Jewelry Tag out of Whisper White CS and sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink.  I then punched out 3 flowers from the Itty Bitty Shapes and sponged the edges with Pretty in Pink ink.  Pierce a hole in the Jewelry Tag and put it on the Island Indigo Baker's Twine and attach to the Island Indigo Strip.  Using Dimensionals place the flowers onto the Island Indigo strip and adhere to front of card.  I then added the small punched flowers and the Rhinestones.  All of it is attached to Baja Breeze CS card front.

To me this is a pretty easy card, but because of the layers it looks more involved then it really is.  I personally really like how this card turned out.  Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!