Saturday, July 28, 2012

Take Care Birdie Card

Well, I am back from SU! Convention and boy am I tired!!  Had a great time but now it's time to get back into the swing of things.  I participated in several organized swaps as well as the usual individual swaps.  So for the next bit I will be uploading pictures from Convention as well as all of my swaps and things I made for convention.  It may take me a little bit so bare with me while I try and get all of these things ready for my blog!!

One of the first things I have for you is this cute little card that I made for the SUDSOL swap.  I was in 2 groups and this one is from the Midnight Muse group.



I call it - Take Care Birdie

SU Supplies
Stamps - Take Care
CS - Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Regal Rose
DSP - Regals Collection - Always Artichoke polka dots or stripes
Inks - Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose
Markers - Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
Punches - Modern Label, 1" Square, Cupcake Builder, Itty Bitty Shapes, Corner Rounder, Small Heart
Emboss Folder - Lattice
Ribbon - 1/8" Taffeta - Regal Rose
Misc. - Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

To make the bird you punch the 1" square and round off all the corners.  The tail and wing is the small heart punch. Cut a small triangle piece from Tangerine Tango for the beak.  Layer the eye with one white circle and a small black circle punch.  I sponged the edges with the crumb cake ink.  The cloud is the top of the cupcake from the cupcake builder punch.  The branch is inked using the Chocolate Chip marker and the leaves are the Always Artichoke marker.  I stamped this onto Very Vanilla and then cut it out.  The rest is very easy.  Bashful Blue CS is embossed with the Lattice and then the bottom "grass" part is the Always Artichoke DSP.  On my final version I added 3(three) little flowers to the branch.  I punched those from the Itty Bitty Shapes set from Regal Rose and sponged the edges and used the White Gel Pen for the center of the flower.  Layer everything together and you have a cute little birdie card that will make anyone smile!

Hope you enjoy this card!  I think it turned out so cute!  It makes me smile every time I look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!