Saturday, September 1, 2012

Glimmer of Peace Card

Hello Stampin' Friends!

Well, to continue my Christmas theme (that I got carried away with), I want to share another card with you that I think turned out so nice.  Plus it's so so so easy!!

I call this card - Glimmer of Peace

Card Front

SU! Supplies
Stamps - Greetings of the Season
CS - Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Glimmer Paper - Silver
Inks - Baja Breeze
Marker - Baja Breeze
Punches - Extra Large Oval
Bigz Die - Snow Flurry
Jewels - Basic Pearls & Large Basic Pearl
Misc - Big Shot, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponge/Dauber, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Inside of Card





After I cut the snowflakes using the Snow Flurry Die & Baja Breeze CS, I used the negative image to sponge the snowflakes on the card front using Baja Breeze Ink and one of our Sponges. Then using our Color Spritzer Tool and the Baja Breeze Marker I spritzed the card front. You can do as much or as little spritzing to it as you would like.  I also sponged the edges of the card front using the Baja Breeze Ink and a Sponge/Dauber.  Then I cut out the snowflakes in Whisper White, Baja Breeze & Silver Glimmer paper.  I sponged the edges of the white & baja snowflake for a little accent, so that they would stand out a little more against the white background.  Now I just started layering.  First the Silver Glimmer Snowflake, then the Whisper White Snowflake, then the Baja Breeze Snowflake.  I used Dimensionals between all the layers.  On top of placed a Large Basic Pearl.  I stamped the Peace on Earth greeting using Baja Breeze Ink onto Whisper White CS and then punched it out using the Extra Large Oval Punch.  Then I sponged the edges with Baja Breeze Ink and place a Basic Pearl on the end of the P in Peace.

For the inside I stamped the Merry Christmas directly on the inside of the card.  I then spritzed the inside like I had done with the front of the card, and then embellished with one of the Basic Pearls.

So easy, and so pretty!!  Great project to demo, or maybe even do for your own Christmas Cards this year.  I love it when it's beautiful AND simplistic!!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!