Saturday, September 1, 2012

Festive Greetings

Hello Stampin' Friends!

Well, it's hard to believe that Summer time is coming to a close and that we are getting ready for the Fall, Halloween and even Christmas!  I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and they have almost all the Christmas stuff out already! I know, crazy!!  Anyway, I've been trying to create some cards for my upcoming Christmas Stamp a Stack class that I want to do in October and just got carried away making several different designs.

This card is not one in the class, but I wanted to share it with you because I love how the colors turned out, and the fact that it's not your "typical" Christmas colors.

I call this card Festive Greetings!

Card Front

SU! Supplies
Stamps - Snowflake Soiree, More Merry Messages
CS - Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
DSP - Festival of Prints Stack
Glimmer Paper - Silver
Inks - Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Island Indigo
Punches - Merry Minis
Framelit - Labels Collection
Paper Piercer/Mat/Template
Scallop Tulle Ribbon - Crumb Cake
Baker's Twine - Island Indigo
Embellish - Mini Silver Brads, Library Clip
Dazzling Details - Clear diamond
Misc - Dimensionals, Sponge/Dauber



Inside of Card



For the stamped images on the Bashful Blue CS strip I stamped the larger snowflake using the "stamp off" technique, then stamped on the strip.  This way I got a light image.  I did this for all 3 snowflakes.  Then using the smaller snowflake image I stamped a full strength directly on top of the larger image.  It gave it a really unique look to it.  I then added the little dots of Dazzling Details and set aside to dry.  I cut out the Very Vanilla CS using the Labels Collection Framelit and then sponged the edges with Basic Grey Ink, at the same time I sponged the edges of the Festival of Prints DSP strip and block.  Afterwards I then pierced the Label shape using our Paper Piercer/Mat & Template.  Then stamped the greetings.  For the Scallop Tulle Ribbon I just cut it so I had 2 scallops, then I cut it down the center longways, scrunched it together and tied the Baker's Twine - Island Indigo around it.  Using the Merry Minis Punch - Star I punched stars from the Silver Glimmer Paper and attached with a Silver Mini Brad.  I then clipped the Tulle/Star with a Library Clip to the Label Greeting.  Then I just layered everything. First I put the DSP on the Basic Grey Card front, then I put the Bashful Blue CS on, then using Dimensionals I put the Greeting.  For the inside of the card I layer a piece of Bashful Blue CS (stamped the same as the strip on the card front), then put a strip of the DSP and then the Greeting is adhered with Dimensionals.  The whole card is Basic Grey CS, so that is why I layered the inside with the Bashful Blue CS, figured it would be easier when you go and write on the inside of the card, plus it's pretty!!

I love the way these colors worked together, plus they are not the "typical" Christmas colors.  It's just something different.  I hope you like it as well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments!